If you are looking for a way to stock MIUI Firmware on your Xiaomi device or force an update or downgrade or fix software issues like boot loops, you have dropped at the right place looking for your answers. This article is going to solve all your problems with two simple guides. In this article, we have covered the Mi Flash tool to help you stock MIUI firmware on Xiaomi devices –
What is MI Flash tool
MI Flash tool is a software from the Xiaomi company created with the motive to modify, flash or erase the software over a fastboot connection. MI Flash tool is helpful in fixing various device issues like boot loops. It is also helpful in updating to the latest software manually.
One can restore the Stock MIUI Firmware on the Xiaomi device through Xiaomi Mi Flash Tool. This tool has been specifically made for the Qualcomm Powered Xiaomi Redmi devices so as to flash Fastboot ROM. You can use it to force an update or downgrade or even fix the MIUI Software issues.
Mi Flash Tool Download for Windows 7/8/10
MI Flash Tool Download
Prerequisite to install and use MI Flash Tool on Windows
- Download MI Flash Tool ZIP file from the download link provided above.
- Mi Flash tool only supports Windows 7 and above Operating systems with either 32 bit or 64-bit storage.
- It is necessary to uninstall the previous version before installing the latest.
- It is a prerequisite to unlock bootloader before you flash Fastboot ROM using MI Flash Tool.
- Xiaomi/ Redmi Devices before Xiaomi MI 3 are not compatible with this tool.
- Xiaomi Redmi Qualcomm devices are supported only. The tool does not support MTK Devices.
Read More:Download MI Flash Unlock Tool
Install MI Flash Tool on Windows
Step 1. Extract the MI flash Tool ZIP to get the installer file.
Step 2. Click on the MiFlashSetup.msi file so as to run the installer.
Step 3. You will then be indicated with a warning from Windows. Just click on RUN.
Step 4. Click Next on the XiaoMIFlash Setup Wizard Window.
Step 5. The installation folder will be chosen by the installer itself.
Step 6. If you want you can change the installation folder by clicking on the Browse option where you can select the location of the folder.
Step 7. Then click on the Next option. And click Next again when you will be asked to confirm the installation.
Step 8. Soon the installer will initiate and the MI Flash Tool will be installed on your PC. Click on the ‘Close‘ option then.
That is it. The MI Flash Tool has been installed successfully on your Windows PC. If you are looking forward to installing MIUI Fastboot ROM using this tool, given below is the detailed guide on the same.
Install MIUI Fastboot ROM using MI Flash Tool
Step 1. To begin with, download the latest MIUI Fastboot ROM for Xiaomi phone.
Step 2. Extract the ROM you downloaded in step 1 to a location on your PC that is accessible with ease.
Step 3. Now switch off your Xiaomi device.
Step 4. Enter the fastboot mode on your Xiaomi device. To do so, you have to press and hold down the Power button and Volume Down button together. The MI Bunny will appear on the phone screen indicating that your device has entered in the fastboot mode.
Step 5. At this point, you will have to connect your device to the PC with the help of USB Cables.
Step 6. Now on the desktop, run XiaoMiFlash.exe. If you do not see a desktop shortcut of this, you can follow the path – C:\XiaoMi\XiaoMiFlash.
Step 7. Then click on the Refresh option over the MiFlash Tool Window.
Step 8. Then click on the Select option present over the top left corner and select the folder where Fastboot ROM was extracted.
Step 9. Choose the mode of flashing as you want from – Clean all, clean all and lock, save user data, etc.
Step 10. Lastly, click on the option of Flash and the MIUI Fastboot ROM will be installed with the help of Mi Flash Tool.
The procedure of installing MIUI Fastboot ROM on your device has been completed successfully. After the installation, your Xiaomi device will reboot by itself.
Read More:Download Xiaomi USB Driver
MI Flash Tool features
Given below are a few MI Flash tool Features that will keep you astound –
- Multiple Device Compatibility – Nearly all the Xiaomi devices running on the Qualcomm chipset are compatible with the MI Flash tool.
- Numerous options for Flashing – The MI Flash tool provides users with three different flashing options which are – 1. Clean all – where all the user data is wiped, 2. Save user Data – All the data is saved and lock varies with the model of Xiaomi device and 3. Clean and lock – The user data is cleaned and the bootloader is locked.
- In-built USB Drivers – MI Flash tool has all the essential USB Drivers for the connection of PC and Xiaomi device.
- User-friendly – One can install the tool in a Windows Installer format (.msi) that is easy to install and provided with an on-screen instruction guide.
- Multiple Devices connectivity – One can connect and flash many devices at one time.
Final Words –
I hope that you have all found the article on MI Flash tool of use. In case of any doubts or queries, feel free to let us know in the comment section below. We will be happy to help.
Keep visiting our page- Xiaomi Jungles for more such MI-oriented tech information or you can also subscribe to our newsletter and get timely notifications of our posts.
Image Credit: Xiaomi Inc